East Coast Trip 2024 - July 19

July 19: Today's activity was in the old town of Mahone Bay, NS, at the Amos Pewter Factory. As a group we learned how the jewelry, ornaments and other useful items are made out of pewter. Also, we experienced doing a wax carving which is the beginning for any design. We then went in search of lighthouses on what we thought was literally Lighthouse Drive, but were disappointed because we didn't find any lighthouses. Mahone Bay is home to at least 3 beautiful churches, I took a picture of the most colorful and ornate one. Since we stayed in Lunenburg for a second night, we took advantage of the downtime in the afternoon. I rarely take naps but my body had other ideas. 😉 In early evening, Sunny and I took another walk around the very hilly residential neighborhood, where the campground is located. Here is more information regarding the Bluenose II Schooner, which is in town,. It is iconic, its image is on the Canadian 10 cent coin. Here's their website which will give you more information that I know about the Blue Nose II. (https://bluenose.novascotia.ca/) I posted the pictures yesterday.










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mexico 2025 - Day 19

Mexico 2025 - Day 15

East Coast Trip 2024 - October 8